The Current Water Banned Expired On Friday June 25, 2021.
What are the water usage restrictions in the city?
The City of Vesta has an ordinance restricting water usage, during times in which it is required to reduce the use of water.
During that time, irrigation (ex., sprinklers or in-ground watering systems) through the public water supply is restricted to an odd/even watering cycle and prohibited between 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
What this means:
- No person shall irrigate using the public water supply between the hours of 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. on any day of the week.
- If a property address is an even number, irrigation can take place on the even-numbered days of the week outside of the hours listed above.
- If the property address is an odd number, irrigation can take place on the odd-numbered days of the week.
Why it matters:
- Ensures an adequate water supply for those that use public water in Vesta, Minn.
- Conserves water resources
- Prevents wasteful and harmful effects of irrigation during the midday hours
Compliance with this ordinance is mandatory. Failure to comply may result in a fine. Special permit consideration will be given for those property owners with new seed or sod.